16.7.11

ΔΔΔ

So much of my life right now is characterised by this central decision: what should I leave behind, and what should I take with me? A lot of this is emotional/mental fluff that I'm trying to sort my way through. For the most part though, I'm dealing with physical stuff. And the question I'm asking myself is: what, which and how many things do I really need and which things are really useful - for practical or soul nourishing reasons.

After 24 years of growing up on the same block of land, it's suddenly fallen on me to sort things out and get my house ready to sell later in the year. It's daunting, it's painful, it's suprising, it's joyful, it's a lot of work.

It's a relief.

It's keeping me busy.

The best moments come in re-discovering memories. Sometimes, it's hard to know what to keep and what to just hold for a moment then give away. And then, sometimes it's not so hard at all to make that decision. I'v now decided that anything that I get even the slightest bit gooey and gushy about stays. So there, stuff.


I've always been a collector of notebooks and scraps of notes and photos and general paper-y remembrances.
They find their homes in old shoe boxes or photo files.
Flipping through I feel that I know what I'll find...
drawings from the time when I used to draw a tree each day..
a tab I learnt from a friend (with my own special codes: Am7 w pinky, funny G)..
photos from the time I found a black and white roll of film..
blossoms in my neighbourhood
a rainy day suprise photo souvenir in front of La Moneda with my oldest Chilean pal..
the loveliest housemate that ever lived, quietly working her magic with an Otomi backdrop.
my old apartment in Chile..
my home
sacred geometry dreams
 an organic agriculture pop quiz
 a great farm
 the loveliest garden sancutary in buenos aires
 another drawing from the time when I used to draw a tree a day
 another sacred geometry squiggle
 This gift! All the rest, I had known those photos and those bits of papers were in here, but I didn't know where this was!
a card..
and feathers!
aren't they magical?!
think of all the swell things I can make..
earrings!
a miniscule bird?

Cleaning up is swell.

No comments:

Post a Comment